making reagular2cooking regular2lovingliving regular2new reader3

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Avocado & Cheese Salad {recipe}


This isn’t much of a recipe, just a few favourite ingredients tossed together for an easy salad lunch. But then again, that is what I often do. Make something of what is in the fridge and elaborate depending on what time I have. This one is a quickie.


I love it because it has buttery softness from the avocado, crunch from the fried bacon, and zing from the chilli. The peppery taste of the rucola is a great contrast to the nutty sweet taste of the Jarlsberg cheese. Then when you add the sour cream and your favourite hot tomato salsa ...mmm... That’s a perfect lunch.


There isn’t much cooking involved except for frying the bacon (We don’t have a micro oven). I usually fry it on low to medium heat in a tiny bit of olive oil. This way I can use the fat from the pan (both the olive oil and the tasty fat from the bacon) in the salad, (you are right; this is not a low fat blog in case you began to wonder).


Besides that you need to grate the cheese, wash and dry the rucola, and peel and cut the avocado in chunks. Mix and toss, but not too much. Add sour cream and some of your favourite hot tomato sauce (make it yourself or buy at your local grocery).

I’ll post one of my favourite tomato sauces as soon as there are some tasty tomatoes in the grocery store again.

Bon appétit!

6 comments:

  1. jajajaja no, la verdad es que no es para depurar despues de la tarta pero me gusta la idea del chile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! This looks delicious and your pictures are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so fresh and I want to eat it straight away although I´ve just come from a gigantic dinnerparty.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nam! Særlig kombinasjonen avokado og bacon høres herlig ut.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for letting me know you were here!